Affinitas member firms Barros & Errázuriz, Gómez-Pinzón, Mijares, Angoitia, Cortés y Fuentes and Miranda & Amado have been nominated in the top-line National Law Firms of the Year award category for Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru, respectively.
Furthermore, our member firms advised on the following six shortlisted deals of the year:
Debt and Equity-Linked Deal of the Year
- Salaverry Port B-Bond: Miranda & Amado advised Citibank as trustee and collateral agent in the refinancing granted by IDB Invest to Salaverry Terminal Internacional for the aggregate amount of USD 115 million.
Private Equity Deal of the Year
- Stonepeak/Lumen Technologies Latin American business: Barros & Errázuriz, Gómez-Pinzón and Miranda & Amado advised on the USD 2.7 billion acquisition of Lumen Technologies’ Latin American business by US private equity company Stonepeak.
- Global Infrastructure Partners/Atlas Renewable Energy: Barros & Errázuriz and Mijares, Angoitia, Cortés y Fuentes advised on Global Infrastructure Partners’ (GIP) acquisition of Latin American renewable energy developer Atlas from UK private equity group Actis. Our Chilean member firm advised Scotiabank, BNP Paribas and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation in the coordination and issuance of a Green Loan Credit Facility in favor of Global Infrastructure Partners, for the acquisition of the Atlas companies and its renewable energy portfolio and certain intercompany loans. This transaction is relevant to the industry due to the materiality of Atlas’ portfolio within the international renewable energy project.
Project Finance Deal of the Year
- Puerto Antioquia: Gómez-Pinzón advised C.I. Uniban and Agrícola Santamaría, as Sponsors, in the project for the development of Puerto Antioquia in the Gulf of Urabá. The financing included the execution of several loan agreements linked by a NY law USD 200,000,000 offshore common terms agreement and a Colombian law USD 193,700,000 onshore common terms agreement, involving the participation of local and international financial institutions.
Restructuring Deal of the Year
- LATAM Airlines Group: Barros & Errázuriz represented LATAM’s stakeholder Delta Airlines in LATAM Airlines’ exit from its Chapter 11 proceedings, which put an end to a landmark cross-border restructuring that began over two years ago.
Securitization and Structured Finance Deal of the Year
- CFG Partners asset-backed acquisition financing: Gómez – Pinzón acted as local counsel to Ares Agent Services, LLP in the granting of a credit facility to CFG Partners and its affiliates in Latin America. This credit facility consists of several stages that culminate with the purchase of the eligible credits owned (initially) by Alpha and the origination of new payroll loans in accordance with the rules set forth in the Credit Agreement.
The IFLR Americas awards celebrate legally innovative cross-border transactions across the Americas that “set precedents, broke new ground, added to the legal toolkit, and brought clarity to regulatory frameworks.” The winners will be announced on May 18. For more information, click here.