Affinitas participated on the 16th edition of the region’s leading event for energy and infrastructure finance in Latin America: IJLATAM22, hosted by IJGlobal.
Nicolás Balmaceda, Enrique Barros, Cristóbal Pellegrini, Patricia Arrázola, Ricardo Fandiño, Horacio De Uriarte, Patricio Trad, Anacandy Perusquía, Gabriela Dañino and José Miguel Puiggros attended the event held in Miami, FL from March 15-16, 2022.
Cristóbal also participated on a panel titled “Power & Transmission: Plugging the Gap in Power”, alongside experts Francisco Zúñiga (MPC Energy Solutions), Roberto Voskuilen (FMO), Andreas Cremer (DEG), Marta Veloso (Fitch Ratings) and Joaquim Marques (Marathon Capitals).
The moderated session focused on the following topics:
- How much of a gap in demand is there in power in LATAM? What is the scope of opportunity in the power sector?
- Breaking down preferential terms for transmission projects – what is working and what mechanisms and financial structures show promise?
- Which markets are poised for substantial project pipelines in 2022?
- How are investors and project sponsors adapting to the evolving PPA market?
- What are project sponsors and lenders looking for to both attract financing and lend?
For more information about IJLATAM22, click here.